The holidays are fast approaching along with the question, “What should I get for ________?” Maybe I can help! As a chef, I find myself testing out a lot of culinary tools. Some are given to me, others are recommended, and many have been in my family for generations. Once you find a tool you absolutely love, you stick with it, loyal to the very end…..and then you recommend it to anyone who will listen! Good tools (not the same thing as GADGETS, mind you) make such a difference in the kitchen. Below is a list of tools that I want to share with you, especially as we think of our friends who make the hard-to-buy-for list each Christmas. Happy Shopping!
1. Wusthof Classic 10-Inch Super Slicer – this long, thin rounded-tip serrated-scallop knife makes slicing home grown tomatoes and breads such a lovely experience! A must have for your kitchen knife repertoire.
2. Chicwrap – Now you never have to fight with your plastic wrap again…EVER! I didn’t expect to enjoy this sooo much. Also available with foil and parchment rolls. Refill rolls available, too.
3. Deluxe Corn Stripper – No-mess corn removal. Works wonderfully – makes cutting corn off the cob to freeze so much nicer.
4. Foley Fork – You’ll never use a pastry blender for small jobs again. This tool cuts butter into flour in nothing flat. Love this tool!
5. The Cheese Knife – No more cheese sticking to your blade as you cut that yummy block of super sharp cheddar into slices. 2 sizes – the smaller one (4″ blade) works nicely with charcuterie boards.
6. Cheese Buttons – Buttons for cheese….who knew?? These buttons give your guests a handle for holding a block of cheese in place as they cut a piece to enjoy.
7. Vollrath Measuring Scoop/Cup Set – This set is the perfect size and weight, and the smooth stainless steel smooths off easily making it the perfect scoop for your flour! I’ve used mine for years and get tons of requests for them.
8. Pedrini Stainless Steel Tongs – Just my all-time favorite! I reach for these tongs every time.
9. From the Land of Kansas – Wooden Cutting Board – This beautiful Kansas-shaped cutting board would make a special gift for anyone on your list!
10. Norpro Fork and Whisk – You’ll want two of these when you see how great they work together for shredding meat in a pot or pan with Teflon coating!
I hope these ideas help fill your stockings this Christmas! I’ve enjoyed using these tools and I’m confident that your friends and family will, too!
Let’s Get You Cookin’,
Click here for last year’s Top Ten Gift Guide from Chef Alli’s Kitchen!
**Disclosure of Material Connection: This post contains “affiliate links”. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”