This year, what if HAM got to be the star of your holiday table? Right here, it’s done up good and proper with orange, maple, and pecans, and this delicious masterpiece is super easy to create! Think I’m joking? This recipe is just 5 ingredients and 5 simple steps. Pretty sure it’s going to be one of those keeper recipes you’ll make again and again, even when it’s NOT a holiday.
**This recipe was part of a live periscope broadcast from Chef Alli’s Farm Fresh Kitchen on November 24, 2015, 7:00 CST. To watch future periscope broadcasts from Chef Alli, follow her on Periscope: @ChefAllisFarmFreshKitchen.
1 whole or half bone-in ham, spiral-sliced, if preferred
1/3 cup chopped, toasted pecans
12 oz. jar orange marmalade
8 oz. pure maple syrup
2 Tbs. unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Remove all packaging material from ham, discarding glaze packet.
- Lay out two large sheets of heavy-duty aluminum foil, crossing them over each other to create an X. Place full ham on its side in the center of foil, (or cut side down in center if using a half ham); wrap ham tightly in foil and place into baking sheet with sides or into a roasting pan.
- Bake ham in preheated oven for approx. 2 – 2 ½ hours for half ham and 3 – 3 ¼ hours for whole ham, until internal temperature reaches 140 degrees F. (Cook 15-17 minutes per lb of spiral-sliced ham and 22-25 minutes per lb. of bone-in ham.)
- While ham is baking, prepare glaze. Place orange marmalade and maple syrup into a small sauce pan over medium high heat; whisk in butter until smooth; stir in pecans.
- During the last 15 minutes of baking time, unwrap ham and baste with prepared glaze. If using a spiral-sliced ham, be sure to smear some of the glaze in between the slices, if possible. Leave ham uncovered for remaining baking time.
**If desired, double the glaze and have extra to serve alongside the sliced ham when served.