Your friends and family will love it when you set up a quesadilla bar for them. It’s fun, simple and gives everyone the opportunity to customize their own quesadilla to their liking. AND, it’s a great way to feed a crew in a hurry.
Quesadilla Bar Set Up:
1. If you are cooking quesadillas for several people, give everyone their own paper plate and ask them to put their name on the plate with a marker.
2. Place your selection of quesadilla filling ingredients and toppings into individual bowls and set in an area that is easy for your guests/family to access as they create their quesadillas.
3. Set up your cooking station (I often use my butane burner, set up on my bar area because there is alot of space here). You will need a grill pan or large skillet, nonstick spray or butter, and tongs for flipping. Preheat your pan over medium high heat to be good and hot for cooking the quesadillas. Getting that nice, crispy exterior with a little browning really adds to the flavor!
4. As your guests bring you their plates with their quesadilla creations, place their quesadillas 2-3 at a time (depending on how big your grill pan or skillet is) onto the grill pan. Be sure to place the quesadillas onto the grill pan in the same position you have placed their empty plates next to your cooking station so that you will know which quesadilla returns to each plate/owner.
Tips for making GREAT Quesadillas:
Put cheese onto the tortilla as the first ingredient – this will act as your “glue” to hold quesadilla ingredients inside tortilla.
Don’t overfill your quesadilla – quesadillas that are too fat lose their ingredients when flipped in the pan.
Use your imagination for great flavor combinations – be adventurous!
A pizza cutter works quickly and easily when cutting quesadillas into wedges for easier handling.
1. If you are making quesadillas as-you-go, (meaning not assembled ahead by guests/family as above), place your buttered tortilla onto a preheated grill pan over medium high heat.
2. Sprinkle shredded cheese onto the tortilla as your first ingredient; now top cheese with desired filling ingredients, placing these on only one half of the tortilla. Fold tortilla over ingredients; cook until hot throughout and exterior is golden brown and crispy.
3. Top warm quesadilla with your favorite toppings and enjoy at once.
Use what’s readily available in your fridge! All meats must be fully cooked:
Chicken – Shredded Pork – Ham – Shrimp – Sausage – Roast Beef – Cheddar Cheese – Pepper Jack Cheese – Mozzarella Cheese – Feta Crumbles – Goat Cheese – Sliced Olives – Black Beans – Sweet Bell Peppers – Diced Tomatoes – Artichoke Hearts – Jalapenos – Green Chilies – Avocado – Salsas